Food and medicine packaging can be essential in how customers see a company and its products. Rapid urbanization is increasing the demand for special child-resistant and senior-friendly packaging (CRP). This is because more and more people are moving to cities and the number of children is rising.
Also, based on research, food packaging has a key role in developing good eating habits among kids. As a result, more and more food products need packaging in a way that can protect them from children.
According to a report, the Child Resistant Packaging market will double by 2025. This is due to the increase in kids injuries from products that are not safely packed. Besides, the packaging is an integral part of a company's branding. It is the first thing customers see, and it has to be good enough so the customers keep returning.
The packaging is often used to sell medicines or household chemicals. These products are not meant for children, as they can cause serious injury if mishandled. That's why child resistant boxes protect children from accessing these products.
Why is It Important for Businesses to Use Child Resistant Product Packaging?
child resistant packaging goes beyond mere consumer safety. As a manufacturer, you must consider the government's health and safety guidelines for your products. Drugs, nutritional supplements, cleaning products, pesticides, or other items that might be detrimental to young children must be packaged carefully. You can protect your brand by including child-proof aspects in your packaging.
The US CPSC regulates the use of certain package items and takes enforcement action against enterprises that do not follow all relevant state and national standards. Therefore, follow these guidelines to avoid legal consequences.
- Child resistant packaging is designed to keep young children away from potentially harmful substances. The lids are designed to be difficult for children to open, but they can still do damage if the whole box is opened.
- Properly securing the lids of child resistant boxes is essential to ensure safety. The small pieces of seal on the edges of the boxes are meant to secure and seal the box, preventing accidental exposure to dangerous substances.
- Always store boxes out of reach of children. This helps prevent children from accessing dangerous products.
- When labeling child resistant product packaging, use symbols and letters clearly and consistently across the packaging. Your children can avoid misidentification and confusion.
- Check child safety regularly for any damage or wear and tear. This will help detect potential safety issues before they become a problem.
Famous Types of Child Resistant Boxes
Few safety measures provide an extra layer of protection to help prevent young kids from accessing harmful or unsafe items, such as poisonous substances or household chemicals. Several child resistant packaging (CRPs) are available, each offering various features and benefits. Tamper-evident boxes are the most common type of CRPs. They have a mechanism for detecting when the box has been opened.
Aside from these, hinged-lid boxes also come in handy for protecting young kids from potential harm. These boxes have a hinged lid that can only be opened with a special tool.
This makes it difficult for kids to open the box independently, making them prone to avoid opening it at all costs. As for push-down boxes, users must push down the lid to open it. This prevents young kids from opening them quickly.
Lastly, combination lock boxes are another practical option for ensuring safety and safeguarding young kids from harm if dangerous substances were to be found inside the box.
How to Choose the Right Child Resistant Pre Roll Box for Your Business?
Label layout and shelf appeal are only two of the numerous things that packaging must have to complement your brand. However, people will only purchase your product if it appears safe for kids. This might affect your company's reputation.
These boxes are designed to keep young children away from products that may be hazardous. When selecting a child resistant pre roll box for your product, it is important to consider the box's size, shape, and material and any certification or compliance requirements.
Look for unique locking mechanisms and tamper-evident seals to ensure the box remains child resistant (not child-proof). Additionally, ensuring that the materials and finishes are suitable for a wide range of environmental conditions is important.
Benefits of Using Child Resistant Packaging
- Child Resistant containers are designed to be difficult for children to open but easy for adults.
- These boxes provide an extra layer of safety for hazardous materials that may be in the home.
- They can help protect young children from ingesting potentially dangerous substances.
- Additionally, child resistant smell proof bags can help keep pets and other animals away from hazardous items.
- They are a great way to store and transport dangerous materials safely.
In addition to their safety benefits, child resistant mylar bags can help to prevent accidental poisoning or injury among children and pets. Also, using these protective containers makes it easier to ensure that hazardous materials are properly disposed of.
As you can see, using child-proof boxes can play a vital role in enhancing the safety of your home and family environment. Let's learn some tips to use safety packaging to ensure kids' protection.
How to Use Child Resistant Box Properly
Children are curious by nature. They love to explore, touch, and taste different things. While this quality helps them develop their senses and learn about the world, it could also be dangerous in some instances.
When using child resistant safety boxes, it's essential to follow a few safety guidelines to ensure the safety of both the child and the person opening the box. One of the most important tips is to shut the lid snaps securely and completely.
This will ensure that nothing can enter the box when it is closed. Additionally, it's vital to carefully close the box, ensuring that the lid does not pop open. It will prevent accidental exposure to dangerous substances.
After using child resistant safety boxes, it's vital to store them in a safe, out-of-reach area for children. By following these safety tips, everyone can enjoy the benefits of child resistant safety boxes without any risks or hazards.
Read More: How To Make Custom Pillow Cases
7 Essential Safety Tips for Using Child Resistant Boxes
To ensure the safety of children, it is essential to follow a few simple safety tips when using child resistant boxes:
1. Read the instructions on the box carefully before use.
2. Always double check that the box is securely closed after each use.
3. Keep the box out of reach of children and pets at all times.
4. Be aware of the type of chemicals stored in the box and their safety guidelines.
5. Check for defects and make sure the box closes properly before use.
6. Dispose of empty boxes properly to prevent accidental ingestion of their contents.
7. Check the expiration date on the box and discard any outdated boxes immediately.
By following these simple safety tips, you can safely ensure your kids' safety while using child resistant packaging.
How to Choose the Right Size of Child Resistant Box?
- When choosing the right size of child resistant product packaging, consider the product's weight, size, and shape.
- The box should be large enough for the product and easy to open for adults.
- Choose a box with a secure lid that children cannot easily open.
- Make sure the packaging material is durable and can withstand abuse.
- Select a box with an easy-to-read warning label or instructions on how to open the box safely.
This will help to ensure that children can only open the product with adult supervision. It is vital to ensure children don't access products in child resistant packaging, which could result in harm or injury.
Read More: What is the Die Cut Process in Packaging?
What to Do If a Child Can Open a Child Resistant Box?
If a child can open a child resistant box, you must ensure the box is securely closed and latched. Also, ensure the product is stored in its original container whenever possible. Finally, keep all hazardous materials out of reach and in a secure area.
Also, educate your children about the dangers of consuming potentially harmful products. Then, if necessary, contact your local poison control center immediately. By taking these simple safety precautions, you can prevent potential poisoning incidents from occurring and safeguard your child's safety.
Read More: How to Create Weed Bags with Designs
Why Safe Product Packaging is Important to Your Brand
A Design Hazard and Safety Risk Analysis (DHSRA) should always be undertaken to analyze all potential dangers connected with incorrect product use, including children accidentally consuming the product.
Many companies have found this study to be a beneficial tool for thinking about and anticipating consumer product misuse and looming hazards before releasing a product to the public.
In addition, a post-commercialization DHSRA is required if there is an increase in safety hazards or a change in risk profiles after things are on the market.
Companies should explore a range of child resistant packaging options after finishing a hazard evaluation. There may be more than one solution that would be effective for the product, but it is important to choose the one that is best for the brand. These three factors make this crucial:
- Children get used to everyday child resistant products, rendering more standard therapies ineffective. A modern brand needs to look better with packaging that seems ancient that are difficult to open for product access.
- Consumers need to change over time. Packaging that was common a decade ago is less consumer-friendly and enticing today.
- Newer packaging options are created that are safer and improve the user experience.
Which Certification Classify Your Product Packaging as Child Resistant
Over the last several decades, Half Price Packaging has seen changes in rules on the design and production of child-safe packaging. Also, we are aware of the complexity and integrity of child-proof safety closures. To be called child resistant, packaging must meet one of the following criteria:
BS EN ISO 8317:2004: This is the worldwide standard for resealable packaging that can carry any sort of substance for child safety.
16 CFR 1700.20: This American rule applies to both reclosable and non-reclosable packaging. By doing so, no adult with any illness or disability would interfere. It was once only required for items sold in the United States, but it has since become the standard in other major countries. We meet testing procedures for special packaging to meet global standards.
BS EN 14375:2003: This is the European standard for non-resealable medication packaging.
BS EN 862:2005: This is the European standard for non-reclosable packaging for non-pharmaceutical commodities.
Wrapping It Up
Using child resistant packaging is the best way to ensure that children and pets can't open medications or other chemicals. It is vital to work with a knowledgeable packaging manufacturer that is on the cutting edge of new technologies and innovation.
They can be a trusted advisor on which child-proof packaging options are no longer used and which types are being developed.
Finally, don't assume that this special packaging will prevent any accidents. Instead, follow the safety precautions outlined by the manufacturer and use common sense when handling hazardous materials.
We work with license holders, and international organizations to create genuinely safe packaging. Half Price Packaging understands these challenges on invisible traceability inside their child resistant boxes.